Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Working on Posts - Cello Update... Adenocarcinoma


  Dear Friends,

Last week I wrote that I was going to have to put my cat down, well through a series of events, miracles, many prayers I was blessed with the funds to get my cat surgery. He had a complete blockage in his descending colon and was nearing death, in order to give him any chance at life I was told that surgery would cost 7 - 10K dollars, which was very expensive. However, thanks to the government stimulus checks I had pocketed and a bank loan I was able to get the surgery. Granted this will still cost me much over the coming months but at least he's had a chance at life.


He is out of surgery and doing wonderful. Unfortunately, the tumor that resulted in the blockage was Adenocarcinoma but it was removed with clean margins, and thus far from ultrasounds and cat scans no metastasis shows in his other organ systems. His lymph nodes will still need to be checked. So we're hopeful that we got it and there is a 70% chance that we did and this will not return. I will need to consult with oncology in order to see my options and where we must go for Cello's ongoing care. But praise God he is still with me and I will be fighting with him every step of the way! 


I will be working on making up my posts over the coming days and I thank you for your understanding!

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you both are going through this. Hugs and positive thoughts headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for what you both are going through. It's so tough to see a faithful companion headed over the Rainbow Bridge. Prayers for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with this. A furry companion adds so much to our lives and people don't always understand how much our pets mean to us. Hugs, good thoughts, and great vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kindness, fortunately I was able to get him the surgery and it ended up cheaper than what I was originally quoted. However, it was a adenocarcinoma tumor and now I must consult oncology. So, our road is not yet over but thank you for all of your support! :)

      Delete