Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Great Summer Reads 2019 - Day 17 ~ The Three Crowns: I - VII by Sonya Ray








I grew up in Southeast Missouri; home
of the Throwed Rolls, high cotton, and the St. Louis Cardinals. I have a little
family consisting of son, daughter, son-in-law and a little Pi. Other than my
children (and grandchild), my passion is writing. My current project is The
Three Crowns Series. Sweet Tea is the first book in this seven-novel series
which published October 15, 2013.



Besides reading and writing, I enjoy singing. I love music period. Music is in
our family. Whether it be the bluegrass from the Ozarks that my Grandpa Sutton
use to play on his banjo or fiddle, or the smooth, family harmony in which I am
fortunate enough to sing with my Dad and Brother. But you can give me some
kickin' AC/DC too! I like it all!



I work full-time as an Administrative Assistant. Every free moment is dedicated
to my family and my current project, The Three Crowns, a seven-novel paranormal
romance series.





It all starts with a Queen and a Plan.


The Three Crowns is a New
Adult/Paranormal Romance series. There are seven books to complete the series,
with a novella. This series has your modern day vampires dealing with the Old
World Laws creating a struggle for ultimate power in the Night World.






THE THREE CROWNS SERIES SYNOPSIS



The Three Crowns series is about a normal girl whose life is more than what she
will allow herself to imagine. It is the journey of her accepting that
everything is not black and white, and our logic of what we understand does not
mean something does exist. Throughout the story she is protected, loved,
groomed and pushed to her limits to prepare her for what lies ahead of her. She
is tested in all areas of her humanity which will someday bring her to know the
person she is destined to be. The human nature of love is a tangled web of
emotions for she feels the love of two men who are continually being taken away
from her for the sake of their positions in the future as well.





Snippet:

My legs
and arms kicked and thrashed at the air. Until finally…thud. I landed hard. I
couldn’t see! Something was attacking me! I kicked and punched to get away from
it!
“No!
No! No!”
I was
not ready for my head to be cut off! But I was sure fixing to rip someone’s
face off if they didn’t get away from me! I felt my face flush with anger. They
didn’t want any of what I was fixing to dish out!
I
finally fought the thing off of me and gasped, as my eyes flew open.  I
was breathing heavily as I looked around, taking everything in. My heart was
still pounding.
But…I
was safe in my room on the floor next to my bed. I looked down at my would-be
attacker and swallowed hard. It was my down comforter. I bit my bottom lip and
quickly stood up, throwing my comforter back on the bed. I put my hands on my
hips and thought about the dream. No. Nightmare! But it was just a dream. I ran
my hand through my long dark hair and exhaled.
I gave
my comforter a masterful
 smile.
“I told you not to mess with me.”
My
phone started vibrating on the nightstand. Fearing the worst, I looked at my
clock. Great! Today was the first day of school and it was 7:55! No doubt about
it, I was going to be late!
As I
jumped in the Mustang and headed down the road, my dream came back to me. It
had really freaked me out (not so much the wrestling with my comforter).
Everything was so detailed. Thoughts of the silver and red eyes in the smoke
made chills crawl up my body. My heart started pounding as the horrifying scene
filled my mind. I had to put the dream out of my head. I didn’t want to keep
seeing headless bodies—geez! And the fear. The fear was like a force in
itself.  It surrounded me. I could feel its darkness as though it was
hiding in the shadows waiting to collect me. All of me. I shuddered and found
myself gripping the steering wheel as the feeling of darkness returned to me
from the dream.  I had to shake this off. It was a dream—only a dream. The
guy in my nightmare who was trying to save me came to mind. Who was he? I could
still see him so plainly, and remembered feeling I knew him, but in real life I
had never seen that guy. I scanned through the dream one last time, then tucked
it away—deep. I had several dreams similar to this one that were stored away
never to be thought of again (if I could help it!).


Little
did I know that one day, this dream (nightmare) would be reality.








To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 









No comments:

Post a Comment