Saturday, July 16, 2022

No Posts - Sadly Awaiting My Cat's Passing

 I will not be able to post over the coming days/weeks due to the impending passing of my cat, Cello. I will make up all posts and my apologies to the authors and tour companies, thank you for your understanding. Please read the update below. Thanks to all who have given us support through this journey of battling cancer!


Update on little Cello. He’s had some rough days but he continues to hang in there. However, he saw his oncologist on Thursday and sadly we know his time is coming. We’ve done all we could and this little buddy has fought hard. I don’t know when nor how he will pass whether euthanasia or natural, only God knows and his Holy will be done. But I know our last days/weeks are coming and my baby will rest peacefully.

But as we approach the end I’m advised to still provide palliative/hospice care and yes nourish him still. I’m also advised to keep his environment calm and quiet, this is a time for him to rest and for us both to prepare and spend whatever time we have left together peacefully and I will just continue to love on him as I always have. He’s my best friend and when I adopted him I promised nothing but love from the beginning to his last breath, and he will get that!
I will continue to give you daily updates on how he’s doing. I thank you for your many prayers, love, and support over these near past 2 years (on November 20, 2020, I first saw blood in his stool, which ultimately turned out to be adenocarcinoma of the colon, his whole story is coming soon). Cello is still fighting a huge battle and in the end, OSCC (Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma) will take him, but I’ve been blessed with so much time and for the time still coming. God has been so good! I’ve been caring for this precious one for 1 year and almost 8 months thus far and I will continue to care for him until I can’t anymore! With 2 aggressive cancers and congestive heart failure, he’s fought an almost 2-year battle, such an amazing cat and so many miracles! He’s given so much to me and cared for me on my own medical journey and I’m returning the love and care!


Here he is now in his favorite spot among my books! (Yes, the classic bibliophile, my bookcase is a mess) So sweet! My little precious love, I love you sooo much little Cello, and always will! 🐾💛

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Good luck to the author for the success of the book and tour!

    ReplyDelete