Friday, March 25, 2022

Celebrate the life and work of legendary author J.R.R. Tolkien on Friday March 25th with #TolkienReadingDay!

 


Celebrate the life and work of legendary author J.R.R. Tolkien on Friday, March 25th with #TolkienReadingDay!  



Why March 25th?  This is the date on which the Ring was destroyed, completing Frodo’s quest and vanquishing Sauron.



Years ago I borrowed The Hobbit from my local library and I flew through the book and read until the early hours of the morning the next day until my eyes hurt. I was so drawn in that I stayed home that whole weekend and finished the book. I absolutely was enthralled with the story, the adventure, the journey, and the amazing characters. I had not read fantasy since I was a child and read children's fairytales. Well, this awakened my soul to a whole new level of fantasy and the amazing adventure that waits in those crisp pages. From that moment on not only was I a fan of Tolkein but I was a fan of fantasy, and deep fantasy and I couldn't get enough of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment