Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Book Tour ~ The Vote - A Story of Political Peril by David Swanson

 




A Story of Political Peril


Fiction

Date Published: 09-10-2026

Publisher: Mission Point Press



A cautionary political tale that shines a light on the danger to our country when the wrong people have too much money and power.

The Vote is a political thriller built around a conspiracy among powerful political actors, billionaires, and party operatives who seek to manipulate the constitutional amendment process in order to permanently reshape the structure of American government. The mechanics of American politics, particularly the Article V constitutional amendment process, is the framework that informs the central premise of the novel. The current political landscape of the country lends credibility to the story and gives the narrative an interesting and timely foundation.

The manuscript opens with a series of interconnected storylines involving political figures, wealthy conspirators, and emerging state-level candidates. These threads gradually reveal a coordinated effort to gain control of state legislatures and Congress as part of a broader plan to fundamentally alter the country’s political system. The concept itself is ambitious and grounded in recognizable political realities.

 

The president was at his most relaxed. A tall man, he sat at ease with legs extended and ankles crossed. His arms were folded comfortably; an amiable smile graced his face. A fire crackled in the fireplace, the chairs were plush and comfortable, and the correspondents he’d invited to join him in the private quarters were faultlessly loyal. Christmas was just days away. He was speaking of his presidency’s place in history.

“You know, I’ve got the highest approval ratings of any president in history. I might be the greatest. Washington was a schmuck. Not that good a general … doesn’t surprise me … they’re an overrated bunch, but that’s another story.

“Lot of people don’t know this, but Washington got his ass handed to him out in the boondocks somewhere and he’d have lost the Revolutionary War except some sea captain had gout so bad he screwed up. As a result, the Brits lost Yorktown and called it a day.”

“So, Washington wasn’t that hot a guy. I’d beat his ass any day. And Lincoln, everybody screamed bloody murder when I rounded up those drug thugs and sent ‘em to Libya. The lunatic left whined like a bunch of banshees.”

“‘No due process, they cried, even criminals got rights.’

“But Lincoln, he suspended habeas corpem … I think that’s the word, I can never remember … lot of people don’t know this but I was top of my class at Harvard … number one, it’s the truth, number one … but everyone thinks Lincoln was this great guy. I do the same thing and they call me a criminal who thinks he’s a king or something. What’s worse, it took Grant to save his ass. Grant’s not a bad guy. Horrible businessman and he couldn’t handle the booze, but he wasn’t afraid of a fight. I like that. If you think about it, Lincoln might be the worst president. I woulda had that war over with in less than a month.

“The only guy I got any respect for is Jackson. Somebody called his wife a hooker or something and he killed the guy for it. Now that’s my kind of president. I looked at a picture of the wife, thought she must have been one hell of a looker.”

The president shook his head in dismay.

“Big, big, big disappointment, complete dog, but still, old Jackson, he had some cajónes.

“So, you see, I’m right there with all those guys. The people, they love me … they say I’m the most beloved president in the history of the country, and they weren’t just blowin’ smoke. I shouldn’t mention this, but I’ve got some of the biggest people in the country working on plans that will change everything; big plans, big, big plans. You just wait and see.”

About the Author


David Swanson was raised on a dairy farm in central Michigan. He received a degree in political science from the University of Puget Sound and an advanced degree in foreign trade from the Thunderbird Graduate School of International Management. Between degrees, he served a stint in the United States Navy.

In 1981, he founded Daavlin, a medical technology company that eventually grew into a prominent player in the field of dermatology. As part of his career, he stepped foot on every continent and dipped his toes in every ocean on earth. Reading, writing, traveling, acting, and directing live theater are his favored pastimes.

He’s also a lifetime political junkie. As this book goes to press, Swanson is a candidate for the Ohio House of Representatives.


Contact Links

Website

Goodreads


Purchase Links

https://mybook.to/TheVote

Amazon

Bookshop




RABT Book Tours & PR

No comments:

Post a Comment