Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Christmas Countdown 2018 ~ Love on a Limb - Great Expectations Love Stories by Laurie Lewis






Laurie (L.C.) Lewis will always be a Marylander at heart—a weather-whining lover of crabs, American history, and the sea. She admits to being craft-challenged, particularly lethal with a glue gun, and a devotee of sappy movies. Her ninth published novel, her first romance novella, Sweet Water, was inspired by a visit to Oregon’s magnificent coastline, and time spent with Mother Eugenie, upon whom the character Mother Thomasine is based. 


Laurie’s women’s fiction novels include The Dragons of Alsace Farm (2016), Awakening Avery (2010), and Unspoken (2004), written as Laurie Lewis. 

Using the pen name L.C. Lewis, she wrote the five volumes of her award-winning FREE MEN and DREAMERS historical fiction series, set against the backdrop of the War of 1812: Dark Sky at Dawn (2007), Twilight’s Last Gleaming (2008), Dawn’s Early Light (2009), Oh, Say Can You See? (2010), and In God is Our Trust, (2011).

She is currently completing a political suspense novel planned for a summer 2017 release, a re -release of a romantic comedy, and she’s working on another historical fiction novel for a 2018 release. She loves to hear from readers.






Matthew Grayken is young, successful, and dying, which is why he’s about to propose to a total stranger. He isn’t interested in love. He needs a caregiver, a companion, and someone to be his legal voice when he can no longer speak for himself.




Lonely, compassionate nurse Mikaela Compton is intrigued by Matt Grayken’s tender request, but when their friendly marriage turns into love, she rejects the inevitability of Matt’s death and prays for a miracle instead.


Mikaela succeeds in reigniting Matt’s will to fight, but his body is losing the battle, and her determination to save him causes her to betray the fundamental promise she made him--to help him die peaceably.


Their last hope at saving Matt's life will require a sacrifice from each of them, and force them to decide how far out on a limb they're willing to go for love.





Snippet:

             "Mikaela swallowed hard, and leaned forward. “So why marry me? Why not just hire me?”
“Because I don’t want to be the pitiful soul with only an attorney, billing hourly, as his voice. I want a wife with the legal power to speak for me when I can’t speak for myself and the personal connection no one else will challenge.”
“Like your parents when they come to take control of your care.”
“As well-intentioned as they’d be, yes. And I trust you.”
“You’d be pitting me against them.” She leaned back, but he was impressed that she wasn’t discounting everything he had said. “No. I would make my wishes clear. You would just enforce them when I no longer can.” He leaned farther forward, to close the distance between them, and looked straight into her eyes. “I know you’re alone, and I know money’s an issue. I can fix that. I have a lovely home that will be yours when I’m gone. And I’ll pay off your debts and provide tuition to medical school. You’ll be a doctor, Mikaela.”







To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Part 1 Official Event page 

and

Part 2 Official Event page







No comments:

Post a Comment