Saturday, July 25, 2020

Release Tour ~ The Deceptive Twin by L. R. Jackson



When Jasen realized the wife he had fallen out of love with started to change, he never imagined his love would be tangled in lies and deceit. Find out if the price of forgiveness is more than Jasen is willing to pay in L.R. Jackson’s THE DECEPTIVE TWIN. Fans of Shanora Williams, Meghan March, and Kennedy Ryan will devour this forbidden romance.






Morgan
All she was supposed to do was step into her twin’s perfect life for a little while and take an opportunity to be the fun one for once. To know what it felt like to really live. The last thing she ever meant to do was fall for her sister’s husband. How can something that is so wrong feel so right?

Jasen
His wife had become almost like a roommate over the past few years. The distance between them had been insurmountable. Until recently. Something about her is … different. She’s warmer, softer somehow. Jasen is shocked to find himself falling in love with his gorgeous wife all over again. But… is she really his wife?
When tragedy strikes, Morgan is forced to choose between continuing the lie and owning up to her deception. Doing the right thing could mean losing the only man she’s ever loved, but can a relationship built on betrayal ever truly last? More importantly, will Jasen even want her when he learns the truth—or will the price of forgiveness simply be more than he’s willing to pay?

Read Now!

Add to Goodreads!



Exclusive Excerpt

Copyright 2020 @ L.R. Jackson

I stop in my tracks as I hear the front door slam. This is it. The plan is in motion. My heart beats faster, and my palms become sweaty as I try my best to remain calm in the denim jean skirt and midriff top that Monroe forced me to change into. I’m sure this is regular attire for her, but it isn’t something I would wear, and I feel very exposed at the moment. Jasen walks in with his briefcase, and immediately, my lungs stop working. He drops the briefcase down in front of him and watches me with the sexiest dark brown eyes I’ve ever seen. This is not the teenaged Jasen I remember. He’s bigger. Sexier. His muscles strain against the blue collared shirt he’s wearing. His sleeves are rolled up, revealing thick biceps. He looks like walking lust and temptation. He turns and opens a cabinet. “How was Philly?”
“Good,” I answer as my body heats from nervousness. And other things.
He closes the cabinet and turns around to face me. He narrows his eyes as he tears the wrapper off the granola bar in his hand. “You’re awfully quiet. Is something wrong?” he asks before taking a bite.
“No, everything’s fine,” I reply.
“How’s your sister?”
“She’s doing great.”
“So, you two are good? You’re speaking again now?”
“Yup.”
“Good, now you can stop talking about how much you hate her.”
“What?” I ask softly.
I’m not sure if I heard him correctly; did he just say that Monroe hated me?
He stops chewing. “Oh, come on, you say it all the time, Monroe. How Morgan was the favorite, and how Grandma Rose always defended her no matter how wrong she was.”
So, I had heard him correctly. I’m instantly angered. Monroe hated me. She betrayed me, so I should be the one hating her, not the other way around. Had I known about this sooner, I would have never agreed to help her. I snap out of it and answer his question. “We worked out our differences. Everything is good now.”
He takes the last bite as he watches me. He swallows and tosses the wrapper in the nearby trash bin as he walks closer. My body stiffens when he stops right in front of me.
Uh-oh!
He’s entirely too close. His lips are mere inches from mine, and I can smell the mixture of peanut butter and chocolate on his breath. I can also smell his cologne. And it’s intoxicating. He places his hand around my waist and gently pulls me to him. “Did you think about my suggestion? Are you willing to try?” he asks.
“Yes,” I answer as my eyes fixate on his.
“So, you’ll go?” he continues.
“Yes,” I answer again, mesmerized by his baritone voice.
“Good. I think it will be good for us,” he responds.
He leans in and kisses me, rendering me powerless. My eyes close and my mouth opens as I allow his tongue to enter. Sparks ignite every nerve ending. His hands make their way under my skirt, and he tugs at my thong, pulling it down. It fall to my ankles, and he lifts me up and on top of the countertop. I’m lost in the moment. It’s been so long since I’ve touched a man, and my body is all too welcoming of Jasen’s hands. My skirt is lifted around my waist, his fingers are between my legs, and he’s kissing my neck softly. “I’ve missed touching you. I want you so bad, Monroe… right here, right now.”
My eyes fly open at the mention of my sister’s name, and I clasp my legs together just as his finger reaches my clit.
“What’s wrong?” he asks.
“I can’t,” I answer.




About L.R. Jackson

L.R. Jackson was born and raised on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. She’s a fun and spontaneous Gemini who has an addiction for wings and a passion for food. By day, she works in Corporate America, and by night, she dreams of Alpha Males and Romance.
Writing has been a passion of hers since she was a little girl. She always wanted to share her stories with the world but life got in the way and her dream of writing was put on hold while she graduated from college and became a Mom. But now, over 25 years later, she can proudly say that she’s fulfilled her dream of becoming a published author.
When she’s not playing chauffeur to her teenage daughter, she can be found reading, cooking, traveling, and of course writing.
She has a huge appreciation for her readers and loves to hear from them.




This blogger event is powered by Forever Write PR!


No comments:

Post a Comment